Thursday, May 31, 2012

Five days and counting...

In five days I'll be on my way to London (and Dublin and Paris in between). I started this blog to record everything that is going on and keep in touch with family and friends. I can't believe how fast time has flown by. I know deep down I'm really excited but right now my nerves are overshadowing every emotion. This is completely out of character for me but the bottom line is: This will be good for me.

I'm not the best flyer and all I can think about is the flight. Eight hours in the air...eight! Nine hours in the air coming back to the States. I am well-supplied with music, books and Dramamine to make this flight as easy as possible. I've flown to Europe quite a few times. I don't understand why I'm so nervous now, though. Maybe it's because I can barely remember those flights. Maybe it's because I'll be alone. It's quite silly to be this hung up over a flight that (hopefully) I'll be sleeping through anyway.

I'm going to try to not let this ruin my time in London. I've wanted to go to London since the age of five...ever since I saw Hanson's documented London visit in Tulsa, Tokyo and the Middle of Nowhere. Whether I want to admit it or not, the Spice Girls did affect my interest in the city as a five-year-old. Oh, of course, who could forget the epic London episodes of Friends? I'm sure I'll be the obnoxious one screaming, "London, baby!" on my first tour of the city. Thanks for the influence, Joey.

I've been interested in it for as long as I've been interested in music. I can't believe I'm finally going to be there. It's a bit surreal. I'm sure it will take a day or two before it really hits me that I'm in London.
I have a lot of fun things lined up that I'm so excited about (Harry Potter Studio Tour *cough cough*). I hope to see some inspiring places, try new food, make new friends, see celebrities (I can't quit my American habits, can I?), hear new music, buy a lot of souvenirs and have the time of my life.

I basically just want to stay busy enough so I don't miss my family too much (Very high hopes...I know I'm going to miss them the second I step on the plane). While I've been nervous about this since the day I applied to study abroad, I've been taking it all in baby steps. One day at a time. Deep down I know I am prepared in every way possible. Now, the next step is finally here: Get on the plane...


The City - Ed Sheeran. The song I titled my blog after. 


No comments:

Post a Comment